Center for Earthquake Research and Information
ExtentThe CERI catalog includes both the NM and SE network codes.
The SE network authoritative polygon covers the eastern part of the CERI catalog with the following vertices:
- The NM network code includes contributions from St Louis University and the USGS and, more recently the AG network funded by the Arkansas Geological Survey.
- The SE network code includes contributions from Virginia Tech, the University of South Carolina and others (see SEUSSN at the VA Tech website).
- Current real-time data from several sources is used to produce event information. Those contributors include
Because the network has evolved over the years, there is no guarantee of consistency in detection threshold, magnitude determination or region covered. The data in this catalog come from numerous sources:
- 1974-1992: TEIC earthquake bulletin and St Louis Regional Catalog
- 1993-1994: Saint Louis University and Central Mississippi Valley Earthquake Bulletins
- 1995-present: earthquakes reported by SLU and/or CERI
- 2003-present: addition of CERI East TN earthquakes and contributions from the SEUSSN bulletins