The Pasadena USGS Office conducts research and promotes activities to reduce earthquake hazards in southern California. The Office works with Caltech and the California Geological Survey (CGS) operating the Southern California Seismic Network, and also operates GPS stations, to monitor earthquake activity, to continuously monitor crustal movements, and to provide information for earthquake response.
The Office also collaborates on projects with the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC), including research as well as Outreach & Education.
- Southern California Seismic Network (SCSN)
- California Integrated Seismic Network (CISN)
- Caltech Seismo Lab
- Salton Seismic Imaging Project
- ShakeMovie - Caltech's near real-time simulation of Southern California seismic events.
- Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
- Anza Seismic Data Collection Center, UCSD
- Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) - funded by NSF and USGS.
- SCEC Data Center - significant earthquakes, faults, station info, data, etc.
- Earthquake Country Alliance
- California Geological Survey (CGS) - hazards and fault maps
- CGS Online Geologic Field Trip Guides to California
- Southern California Regional Geology
- Wallace Creek Trail Guide