When you use this data, please provide proper acknowledgment. Because there are many contributors to the database, the citation will depend on which data you are using. Please use the following format:
U.S. Geological Survey (and supporting agency if appropriate-see list below), 2006, Quaternary fault and fold database for the United States, accessed DATE, from USGS web site: http//earthquake.usgs.gov/hazards/qfaults/.
List of cooperators:
- Alaska - Alaska Department of Natural Resources
- Arizona - Arizona Geological Survey
- California - California Geological Survey
- Colorado - Colorado Geological Survey
- Idaho - Idaho Geological Survey
- Illinois - Illinois State Geological Survey
- Louisiana - Louisiana Geological Survey
- Montana - Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology
- Nevada - Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology
- New Mexico - New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources
- Texas - Texas Bureau of Economic Geology
- Utah - Utah Geological Survey
For example, the reference information about a fault in New Mexico viewed online on Jan 9, 2006 would look like:U.S. Geological Survey (and supporting agency if appropriate-see list below), YEAR, Quaternary fault and fold database for the United States, accessed DATE, from USGS web site: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/hazards/qfaults/.