2023 Northern California Earthquake Hazards Workshop
Tuesday, January 31 – Thursday, February 2, 2023
The USGS Earthquake Hazards Program annual Northern California Workshop is FREE and open to anyone interested in better defining earthquake hazards and risk in Northern California.
The registration deadline is January 17, 2023.
* = required field
This year’s 3-day workshop will be held virtually.
This year's special focus topics for our long-form, invited talks are:
- Community-based risk reduction
- A closer look at The Geysers, Greenville fault, Calaveras fault, and seismic hazards in Silicon Valley
- Northern California community science models
- Updates to the National Seismic Hazard Model and earthquake rupture forecasts
- Informational sessions on funding and fellowships available from the USGS
Plus short talks contributed by attendees covering everything related to northern California earthquake hazards, and a special late-breaking session on the M6.4 Ferndale earthquake of Dec 20th.