Create ShakeCast User Database
Populating the ShakeCast v.2.0 database follows three basic steps:
- Prepare/import facility table
- Prepare/import geographic region profile and notification method (optional)
- Prepare/import user table
- Import facility table
- To import facility table, launch the program \shakecast\bin\manage_facility.pl us_cities.csv
- The facility data and fragility settings will be registered inside the ShakeCast database.
- Import profile
- The example profile "profile.conf" defines three geographic regions (CI, NC, NN) with associated notification preferences and method. This file should be placed under the configuration directory, \shakecast\conf.
- To import and configure ShakeCast profiles, launch the program \shakecast\bin\manage_profile.pl
- Import shakecast user
- A user can have his own notification settings or choose to associate with a pre-defined profile above.
- To import shakecast user table, launch the program \shakecast\bin\manage_user.pl test_user_w_profile.csv
- At this time, a user is restricted to allowing only one profile due to the complexity and redundancy involving the possible overlapping of profiles.