An application for automating ShakeMap delivery to critical users and for facilitating notification of shaking levels at user-selected facilities.
Critical users (lifeline utilities, for example) can receive automatic notifications within minutes of an earthquake indicating the level of shaking and the likelihood of impact to their own facilities. Read More …
- Situational awareness. ShakeCast is an application for automating ShakeMap delivery to critical users and for facilitating notification of estimated shaking levels at user-specific facilities. Full Web-based Graphical User Interface, notification services, & documentation.
- MS Windows operating system (XP, 7/8 Server); Linux. ShakeCast AMI (CentOS-6) using Amazon Web Services (AWS) & VM (Linux, Win Server) Interface PERL, MySQL, Apache, HTML5; responsive web
- Email & txt messaging, PDF facility report, Web-based GUI using Google Maps.
- Kuo-Wan Lin and David Wald
The current release of ShakeCast is Version 3.0 (beta, May, 2014). This is a significant rewrite from Version 2.0, and although it preserves the basic features and principles, it is advised that all users upgrade to Version 3 to add significant improvements in robustness, capabilities and features, and ease of installation and use.
ShakeCast V3.0 Documentation
- ShakeCast V3 Cloud Installation Guide
- Updated ShakeCast User Guide (Draft)
- Example user-specific data files (users, facilities, fragilities, configurations)
- Steps for Migrating from V2 to V3