Other Earthquake Websites
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) - A worldwide scientific community that advances, through unselfish cooperation in research,
the understanding of Earth and space for the benefit of humanity.
- Association of American State Geologists (AASG) - An organization of the chief executives of the state geological surveys in 50 states and Puerto Rico
- Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) - Focus on the San Francisco Bay Area
- California Geological Survey (CGS) - Providing information and advice to protect life and property from natural hazards and to promote a better understanding of California's diverse geologic environment.
- California Office of Emergency Services (OES)
- California Seismic Safety Commission - Established to advise the Governor, Legislature, and state and local governments on ways to reduce earthquake risk.
- Center for Earthquake Research & Information (CERI) - Focus on Central US
- Central United States Earthquake Consortium (CUSEC) - Focus on the Central US
- Consortium of Universities for Research in Earthquake Engineering (CUREE) - Non-profit organization, established in 1988, devoted to the advancement of earthquake engineering research, education and implementation.
- COSMOS Virtual Data Center - Portal to the strong ground motion records of COSMOS Strong Motion Program members.
- CREW - Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup - A coalition of private and public representatives working together to improve the ability of Cascadia Region communities to reduce the effects of earthquake events.
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI) - National, nonprofit, technical society of engineers, geoscientists, architects, planners, public officials, and social scientists.
- EarthScope - A bold undertaking to apply modern observational, analytical and telecommunications technologies to investigate the structure and evolution of the North American continent and the physical processes controlling earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Finite-source Rupture Model Database - Collects, displays and distributes finite-source rupture models that image the spatio-temporal evolution of earthquake rupture through modelling/inversion of seismic and/or geodetic data.
- GEM - Global Earthquake Model
- GSA - Geological Society of America - The mission of GSA is to be a leader in advancing the geosciences, enhancing the professional growth of its members, and promoting the geosciences in the service of humankind.
- ICSU World Data System - The ICSU World Data System (WDS) was created to archive and distribute data collected from the observational programs of the 1957-1958 International Geophysical Year.
- Incorporated Research Institutes for Seismology (IRIS) - A university research consortium dedicated to exploring the Earth's interior through the collection and distribution of seismographic data.
- International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth's Interior (IASPEI) - The purpose of the International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth's Interior is:
1. To promote the study of problems relating to earthquakes, to the propagation of seismic waves, and to the internal structure, properties and processes of the Earth;
2. To initiate and co-ordinate the conduct of researches which depend on co- operation between different countries, and to provide for their scientific discussion;
3. To facilitate particular researches on scientific and applied seismology, such as the comparison of instruments used in different countries, researches on blasting and generally all matters to which seismology is related.
- International Seismological Centre (ISC) - The International Seismological Centre is a non-governmental organisation charged with the final collection, analysis and publication of standard earthquake information from all over the world.
- Mid-America Earthquake Center - The Center is a result of the research efforts carried out for the Education Program of the Mid-America Earthquake Center (MAE Center). The Education Program brings together investigators from the core participating institutions of MAEC to increase knowledge of earthquake engineering at all educational levels - from kindergarten through to graduate school.
- Multi-Disciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research (MCEER) - National center of excellence that develops and applies knowledge and advanced technologies to reduce earthquake losses.
- National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) - NOAA - NGDC provides scientific stewardship, products and services for geophysical data describing the solid earth, marine, and solar-terrestrial environment, as well as earth observations from space.
- National Information Centre of Earthquake Engineering (NICEE)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…"
- Natural Hazards Center - National and international clearinghouse of knowledge concerning the social science and policy aspects of disasters.
- Northern California Earthquake Data Center - A joint project of the University of California Berkeley Seismological Laboratory (BSL) and the United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- Observatories and Research Facilities for EUropean Seismology (ORFEUS) - ORFEUS is the European non-profit organisation that aims at coordinating and promoting digital, broad-band seismology in Europe.
- Project IDA - A global network of broadband and very long period seismometers operated by the IGPP, Scripps Inst. of Oceanography, Univ. of California, San Diego.
- Saint Louis University Earthquake Center
- Seattle Fault Earthquake Scenario - Vulnerablity of the Puget Sound and Washington State areas. Collaboration between the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI) and Washington Emergency Management Divsion.
- Seismo-surfing the Internet for Earthquake Data - Web connections to original seismic data or seismic research information
- Seismological Society of America (SSA) - An international association devoted to the advancement of earthquake science.
- Smithsonian Global Volcanism Program
- SOPAC (Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center) - Archives high-precision GPS data, particularly for the study of earthquake hazards, tectonic plate motion, crustal deformation, and meteorology
- Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) - The Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC), headquartered at the University of Southern California, was founded in 1991 with a mission to gather new information about earthquakes in Southern California, integrate this information into a comprehensive and predictive understanding of earthquake phenomena, and communicate this understanding to end-users and the general public in order to increase earthquake awareness, reduce economic losses, and save lives.
- Southern California Earthquake Data Center - Earthquake-related data and software for Southern California.
- Tectonics Observatory
- Western States Seismic Policy Council (WSSPC) - The mission of the Western States Seismic Policy Council is to develop seismic policies and share information to promote programs intended to reduce earthquake-related losses.
- World Organization of Volcano Observatories
- Global Earthquake Safety Initiative - GHI developed the Global Earthquake Safety Initiative (GESI) to meet the urgent needs of cities at risk from natural disasters. GESI offered cities information necessary to begin the process of addressing urban earthquake safety.