Earthquake Topics for Education
Browse Earthquake Topics
Popular Learning Links
- Animations for Earthquake Terms & Concepts
- A Comparison of Two Bay Area Earthquakes: 1989 v. 1906
- This Dynamic Earth: The Story of Plate Tectonics - excellent comprehensive overview of plate tectonics with excellent graphics, online USGS general interest publication.
- This Dynamic Planet - World Map of Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Impact Craters, and Plate Tectonics.
- Earthquakes For Kids
- Earthquake Science Explained - A series of short articles for students, teachers, and parents originally published as weekly features in The San Francisco Chronicle.
- EQ101 Presentation - PowerPoint Zip file (6.5MB) or PDF
- How much bigger is a magnitude 8.7 earthquake than a magnitude 5.8 earthquake? - interactive calculator
- Latest Earthquakes Lists - download in spreadsheet (.csv) format
- Listening to Earthquakes
- Other Earthquake Websites
- The Science of Earthquakes - the basics in brief
- Photo Collections of Earthquakes
- USGS Education Web Site
- USGS Store - Publications and Products
- USGS Earthquake Maps & Publications (USGS Publications Warehouse)
- USGS National Atlas Maps
Educational resources for learning more about earthquakes.
Choose a level or view all levels:
Educational Resources for teaching the science of earthquakes.
We've reviewed and collected this database of educational web sites related to earthquakes and plate tectonics. You'll find lesson plans, interactive web sites, learning activities, and more.
You're welcome to use any images you'd like from our web site for educational purposes. A credit to "U.S. Geological Survey" and to the author, if identified, is all that is required. The official language for this can be found at USGS Policies & Notices.