Earthquake Topics for Education
Browse Earthquake Topics
Popular Learning Links
- Earthquake Photo Collections
- EQ101 Presentation - PowerPoint Zip file (6.5MB) or PDF
- Animations for Earthquake Terms & Concepts
- This Dynamic Earth: The Story of Plate Tectonics - excellent comprehensive overview of plate tectonics with excellent graphics, online USGS general interest publication.
- This Dynamic Planet - World Map of Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Impact Craters, and Plate Tectonics.
- USGS Education Web Site
- USGS Store - Publications and Products
- USGS Earthquake Maps & Publications (USGS Publications Warehouse)
- National Atlas Maps
- Earthquakes For Kids
- Earthquake Science Explained - A series of short articles for students, teachers, and parents originally published as weekly features in The San Francisco Chronicle.
- A Comparison of Two Bay Area Earthquakes: 1989 v. 1906
- Listening to Earthquakes
- The Science of Earthquakes - the basics in brief
- How much bigger is a magnitude 8.7 earthquake than a magnitude 5.8 earthquake? - interactive calculator
Educational resources for learning more about earthquakes.
Choose a level or view all levels:
Educational Resources for teaching the science of earthquakes.
We've reviewed and collected this database of educational web sites related to earthquakes and plate tectonics. You'll find lesson plans, interactive web sites, learning activities, and more.
You're welcome to use any images you'd like from our web site for educational purposes. A credit to "U.S. Geological Survey" and to the author, if identified, is all that is required. The official language for this can be found at USGS Policies & Notices.