Earthquake Topics - Seismicity
Deadly earthquakes, damaging EQs, EQ density maps, world and US statistics, historical EQ lists, largest EQ lists, last EQ in..., significant EQ catalogs, seismicity maps of the world and US.
general overview of earthquakes, online USGS general interest publication
- Univ. of Nevada, RenoEarthquakes in the Midwestern and Eastern US?!
summary of earthquakes in the Central and Eastern US
- USGSEQs on the Surface (PDF)
use topo maps, seismicity maps, and fault maps to understand the connection between the surface features, locations of EQs and mapped faults
- DLESEEvidence for Plate Tectonics-Teaching Box
Collection of interrelated learn concepts that focuses on finding the evidence for plate tectonics using digital resources, education standards, and comprehensive lesson plans.
- Incorporated Research Institutes for Seismology (IRIS)Incorp. Research Institutes for Seismology (IRIS) Educator Webpages
resources and opportunities for educators
- Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) & USGSInvestigating Earthquakes Through Regional Seismicity
excellent graphics, animations and activities
- UNAVCOJules Verne Voyager and Jules Verne Voyager, Jr.
- SUNY BinghamtonSeismic/Eruption
A free program (PC) you can download for the visualization of seismicity and volcanic activity in space and time
- BerkeleySurfing for Earthquakes and Volcanoes
lesson plan using Internet
- USGSTeacher's Guide to the San Francisco Bay Area Geophysics Maps
USGS Open File Report 95-479 (online)
- USGSThe Parkfield, California Earthquake Experiment
Information about past earthquakes and current monitoring efforts.
- USGSUSGS Maps: Earthquakes-Volcanoes-Landslides
Purchase maps based on earthquake, volcano, and landslide hazards