Earthquake Topics - Seismicity
- Berkeley Seismology LabBSL Outreach
Wonderful diverse collection of videos and animations, as well as links to lesson plans and educational resources.
- USGSEarthquake "Top 10" Lists
Deadly earthquakes, damaging EQs, EQ density maps, world and US statistics, historical EQ lists, largest EQ lists, last EQ in..., significant EQ catalogs, seismicity maps of the world and US.
general overview of earthquakes, online USGS general interest publication
- EarthScopeEarthScope Resources for Students & Teachers
Animations, online lectures, visualizations and more, mostly from IRIS.
- USGSEQs on the Surface (PDF)
use topo maps, seismicity maps, and fault maps to understand the connection between the surface features, locations of EQs and mapped faults
- DLESEEvidence for Plate Tectonics-Teaching Box
Collection of interrelated learn concepts that focuses on finding the evidence for plate tectonics using digital resources, education standards, and comprehensive lesson plans.
- IRIS - Incorporated Research Institutes for SeismologyIRIS Education Resources
A multitude of educational resources for earthquake science, from visualizations and animations, to lessons and educational software. Awesome!
- UNAVCOJules Verne Voyager and Jules Verne Voyager, Jr.
- Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC)SCEC Communication, Education and Outreach
Many excellent resources for Public Education and Preparedness, K-14 Earthquake Education, and Experiential Learning and Career Advancement. Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country downloadable booklets for learning about earthquake hazards and safety recommendations in many different languages and for many different areas of the United States.
- USGSTeacher's Guide to the San Francisco Bay Area Geophysics Maps
USGS Open File Report 95-479 (online)
- USGSThe Parkfield, California Earthquake Experiment
Information about past earthquakes and current monitoring efforts.