Earthquake Topics - Field trips - virtual, real
- About GeologyCalifornia Subduction Rocks
A photographic field trip to classic subduction-related rocks across northern California.
- Geology CentralGeology Central
links to resources for Geology and Geophysics
- USGSSan Andreas Fault at Wallace Creek
Interactive, 360 degree panorama of the San Andreas Fault. Aerial photos of the fault taken from a kite.
- Paleontological Research InstitutionTransforming California: Landforms of the San Andreas Fault
PowerPoint presentation of digital images (60.7 Mb) exploring the landforms found along the San Andreas Fault. Designed for classroom use with a complementing narrative for each slide. One of the many Earthtrip Virtual Field Trips to explore.
- National Park ServiceUncovering the San Andreas Fault (PDF)
Earthquake Trail: What Makes the Geology of Point Reyes National Seashore So Special?