Earthquake Topics - Damage from Earthquakes
- Bancroft Library, UC Berkeley1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire
An online exhibit of information and images from the 1906 earthquake and fire.
- Carleton College/NAGT materials1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire Visualizations
This collection presents links to images, films, panoramas and animations about the earthquake and fire.
- USGSCan It Happen Here?
Could a large damaging tsunami happen in the United States?
- TASA Graphic ArtsDigital Online Geology - Earthquakes
Online version of "Earthquakes" by Edward
J. Tarbuck, Frederick K. Lutgens, and Dennis Tasa. This informative chapter about earthquakes has images, text, quizzes, and narrated animations explaining what happens when earthquakes occur.
- USGSEarthquake 101 Powerpoint Slideshow Download
a complete PowerPoint show for the basics
- USGSEarthquakes, MegaQuakes, and the Movies
discussion about facts versus fantasies
- PTV ProductionsInsideDisaster - The Haiti Earthquake
wholistic view of the effects and response to the Haiti earthquake, both scientific and societal
- DLESELiving in Earthquake Country-Teaching Box
Explores how and why earthquakes cause damage, seismic waves, the ability of scientists to predict the likelihood and severity of earthquakes at specific locations, the difference between magnitude and intensity, the occurrence of earthquakes along patches of planar faults, and the potential damage caused by earthquakes such as landslides, liquefaction, or structural failure.
- The Why FilesUnderstanding Quakes
description, photos, and graphics of earthquake basics and effects of earthquakes in Turkey