Earthquake Topics - Prediction
- USGS100% Chance of an Earthquake
- USGSCan It Happen Here?
Could a large damaging tsunami happen in the United States?
- TASA Graphic ArtsDigital Online Geology - Earthquakes
Online version of "Earthquakes" by Edward
J. Tarbuck, Frederick K. Lutgens, and Dennis Tasa. This informative chapter about earthquakes has images, text, quizzes, and narrated animations explaining what happens when earthquakes occur.
- journal Reviews of GeophysicsEarthquake Prediction, Societal Implications
general overview of earthquakes, online USGS general interest publication
- W.H. Freeman & Co.Earthquakes by Bruce A. Bolt Online Companion
links related to subjects covered in book
- journal ScienceEarthquakes Cannot Be Predicted
- USGSEarthquakes, MegaQuakes, and the Movies
discussion about facts versus fantasies
- journal of NatureIs the reliable prediction of individual earthquakes a realistic scientific goal?
Seven-week debate involving many authors and their views
- DLESELiving in Earthquake Country-Teaching Box
Explores how and why earthquakes cause damage, seismic waves, the ability of scientists to predict the likelihood and severity of earthquakes at specific locations, the difference between magnitude and intensity, the occurrence of earthquakes along patches of planar faults, and the potential damage caused by earthquakes such as landslides, liquefaction, or structural failure.
- National Academy of SciencesPapers from an NAS Colloquium on
excellent collection of downloadable papers
- USGSPodcasts by USGS about Earthquakes
Collection of USGS CoreCasts (audio) about a variety of earthquake topics and issues.
- PBSSavage Earth, The
slick presentation of the earthquake basics with great graphics and animations
- USGSThe Parkfield, California Earthquake Experiment
Information about past earthquakes and current monitoring efforts.
- The Why FilesUnderstanding Quakes
description, photos, and graphics of earthquake basics and effects of earthquakes in Turkey