Earthquake Topics - Surface features - Faults, Earthquakes
- About GeologyCalifornia Subduction Rocks
A photographic field trip to classic subduction-related rocks across northern California.
- USGSEarthquake 101 Powerpoint Slideshow Download
a complete PowerPoint show for the basics
- USGSEQs on the Surface (PDF)
use topo maps, seismicity maps, and fault maps to understand the connection between the surface features, locations of EQs and mapped faults
- Univ. of Nevada, RenoPlate Tectonics, Their Cause
graphics and brief summary
- USGSSchoolyard Geology
Online lesson plans with photos and images. Excellent geologic activities you can do anywhere! Education standards info included.
- Paleontological Research InstitutionTransforming California: Landforms of the San Andreas Fault
PowerPoint presentation of digital images (60.7 Mb) exploring the landforms found along the San Andreas Fault. Designed for classroom use with a complementing narrative for each slide. One of the many Earthtrip Virtual Field Trips to explore.
- The Why FilesUnderstanding Quakes
description, photos, and graphics of earthquake basics and effects of earthquakes in Turkey
- USGSWhere are the Fault Lines in the United States East of the Rocky Mountains?
Information on where the fault lines are in states east of the Rocky Mountains.