Earthquake Topics - Crustal deformation
- About GeologyCalifornia Subduction Rocks
A photographic field trip to classic subduction-related rocks across northern California.
- NASAContinents in Collision: Pangea Ultima
Short news piece with images
- USGSCreep Evidence of Active Faulting
Information about creep on faults, and specifically the Hayward fault.
- Carleton College/NAGT materialsEarthquake Visualizations
Visualizations and supporting material that can be used effectively to teach students about various geophysics topics. Visualizations include simple animations, GIS-based animated maps, paleogeographic maps and globes, as well as numerous illustrations and photos.
- USGSSan Andreas Fault at Wallace Creek
Interactive, 360 degree panorama of the San Andreas Fault. Aerial photos of the fault taken from a kite.
- Arizona State UniversitySeismology Teaching Resources
Educational page with seismo links, diagrams, animations, and other teaching resources.
- Paleontological Research InstitutionTransforming California: Landforms of the San Andreas Fault
PowerPoint presentation of digital images (60.7 Mb) exploring the landforms found along the San Andreas Fault. Designed for classroom use with a complementing narrative for each slide. One of the many Earthtrip Virtual Field Trips to explore.