Earthquake Topics - Modeling
- Berkeley Seismology LabBSL Outreach
Wonderful diverse collection of videos and animations, as well as links to lesson plans and educational resources.
- USGSChile M7.0 January 12, 2010 and M8.8 February 27, 2010 Educational Slides
Details on the rupture of the two earthquakes, the shaking distribution, aftershock zone, estimated fatality numbers, and comparisons between the two.
- Carleton College/NAGT materialsEarthquake Visualizations
Visualizations and supporting material that can be used effectively to teach students about various geophysics topics. Visualizations include simple animations, GIS-based animated maps, paleogeographic maps and globes, as well as numerous illustrations and photos.
- USGSGround Shaking Animations
Simulations of earthquake ruptures that were run on the supercomputers at Caltech's Center for Advanced Computing Research
- USGSSea-Floor Spreading and Subduction, How to Build a Model Illustrating
Three-dimensional, cut-and-paste paper model illustrating sea-floor spreading and subduction.