Earthquake Topics - Modeling
- Carleton College/NAGT materials1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire Visualizations
This collection presents links to images, films, panoramas and animations about the earthquake and fire.
- BerkeleyEarthquake Videos and Animations
a wide variety of videos created by the Berkeley outreach team, which include earthquake simulations, earthquake safety videos, and presentations by their seismologists
- USGSEducational slides for the M7.0 January 12, 2010 and M8.8 February 27, 2010 Chile earthquakes
Details on the rupture of the two earthquakes, the shaking distribution, aftershock zone, estimated fatality numbers, and comparisons between the two.Slides with notes
- USGSHigh Quality Earthquake Animations
Simulations of earthquake ruptures that were run on the supercomputers at Caltech's Center for Advanced Computing Research
- Carleton College/NAGT materialsPlate Tectonic Movement Visualizations
Visualizations and supporting material that can be used effectively to teach students about various geophysics topics. Visualizations include simple animations, GIS-based animated maps, paleogeographic maps and globes, as well as numerous illustrations and photos.
- USGSSea-Floor Spreading and Subduction, How to Build a Model Illustrating
Three-dimensional, cut-and-paste paper model illustrating sea-floor spreading and subduction.