Earthquake animations have moved. To view earthquake animations you must load our KML feed into Google Earth. Read below for instructions.
To Try the New Earthquake Animations
- Download our USGS Earthquakes KML Feed
- Open the KML using Google Earth.
- Expand a feed from the "Real-time Earthquakes" section, in the left navigation, to view more options.
- M1.0+, Past Week
- M2.5+, Past Month
- Select, "Animated, Colored by Depth" from the list of options.
- Use the time slider, in the upper left hand corner of the map, to animate the series of earthquakes. You may also click through the animation one frame at a time.
For more information on how to use the time slider, click here.