Magnitude 4.0 - SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
This webpage has been replaced by a new version and will be phased out in the future. Please use our new Real-time Earthquake Map
to access the latest earthquake information and event details. The links to the World, US, and CA/NV maps that were in the navigation on the left side of the page have been replaced by the links at the top of the new Map. The Real-time Earthquake Map User Guide
describes how to use the map and all its features.
2012 March 05 13:33:20 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||8.1 km (5.0 miles)|
|Region||SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA|
- 1 km (1 miles) NNW (328°) from El Cerrito, CA
- 2 km (1 miles) S (171°) from East Richmond Heights, CA
- 3 km (2 miles) ESE (112°) from Richmond, CA
- 7 km (4 miles) NNW (333°) from Berkeley, CA
- 16 km (10 miles) NNW (334°) from Oakland, CA
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 0.1 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.1 km (0.1 miles)|
|Parameters||Nph=281, Dmin=0 km, Rmss=0.19 sec, Gp= 14°,|
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=D
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information