Magnitude 4.1 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
This webpage has been replaced by a new version and will be phased out in the future. Please use our new Real-time Earthquake Map
to access the latest earthquake information and event details. The links to the World, US, and CA/NV maps that were in the navigation on the left side of the page have been replaced by the links at the top of the new Map. The Real-time Earthquake Map User Guide
describes how to use the map and all its features.
2011 January 08 00:10:16 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||10.1 km (6.3 miles)|
- 17 km (11 miles) ESE (121°) from Alum Rock, CA
- 18 km (11 miles) N (356°) from Morgan Hill, CA
- 22 km (13 miles) ESE (106°) from San Jose City Hall, CA
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 0.1 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)|
|Parameters||Nph=223, Dmin=6 km, Rmss=0.18 sec, Gp= 54°,|
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=D
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information