Magnitude 6.7 - NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA
2010 December 02 03:12:10 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||34.8 km (21.6 miles) set by location program|
|Region||NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA|
|Distances||40 km (25 miles) ENE of Kandrian, New Britain, PNG|
65 km (40 miles) SSW of Kimbe, New Britain, PNG
475 km (295 miles) NE of PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea
2400 km (1490 miles) N of BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 11.4 km (7.1 miles); depth fixed by location program|
|Parameters||NST=328, Nph=361, Dmin=329.5 km, Rmss=1.24 sec, Gp= 18°,|
M-type=centroid moment magnitude (Mw), Version=E
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in NOAA tsunami statements and bulletins are preliminary and are superseded by USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
NOAA Tsunami Bulletins for this Earthquake
- Tsunami Information for Hawaii from the PTWC
- Tsunami Information Bulletin from the PTWC
- Tsunami Information Statement from the WC/ATWC
General Tsunami Information
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver