Magnitude 6.5 - MORO GULF, MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES
2010 July 24 05:35:01 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||555.3 km (345.1 miles)|
|Region||MORO GULF, MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES|
|Distances||135 km (85 miles) SW of Cotabato, Mindanao, Philippines|
175 km (110 miles) S of Pagadian, Mindanao, Philippines
175 km (110 miles) ESE of Zamboanga, Mindanao, Philippines
960 km (600 miles) SSE of MANILA, Philippines
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 5.1 km (3.2 miles); depth +/- 5.7 km (3.5 miles)|
|Parameters||NST=280, Nph=280, Dmin=245.9 km, Rmss=1.12 sec, Gp= 18°,|
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=8
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in NOAA tsunami statements and bulletins are preliminary and are superseded by USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
NOAA Tsunami Bulletins for this Earthquake
- Tsunami Information for Hawaii from the PTWC
- Tsunami Information Bulletin from the PTWC
- Tsunami Information Statement from the WC/ATWC
General Tsunami Information
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver