Magnitude 6.4 - SOUTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA
2008 November 22 16:00:59 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program|
|Region||SOUTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA|
|Distances||135 km (85 miles) WSW of Bengkulu, Sumatra, Indonesia|
395 km (245 miles) SSE of Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia
410 km (255 miles) SW of Jambi, Sumatra, Indonesia
640 km (400 miles) WNW of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 6.9 km (4.3 miles); depth fixed by location program|
|Parameters||NST=200, Nph=200, Dmin=986.4 km, Rmss=1.27 sec, Gp= 36°,|
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=Q
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Felt (IV) at Bengkulu, Ketahun and Mukomuko; (III) at Kepahiang.
Scientific & Technical Information
- USGS Centroid Moment Tensor Solution
- USGS Body-Wave Moment Tensor Solution
- Global CMT Project Moment Tensor Solution
- USGS WPhase Moment Tensor Solution
- Historic Moment Tensor Solutions
- Phase Data
- Seismic Record Section
- Theoretical P-Wave Travel Times
- Energy and Broadband Solution
- Subduction Zone Geometry Analysis
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in NOAA tsunami statements and bulletins are preliminary and are superseded by USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
NOAA Tsunami Bulletins for this Earthquake
No Bulletins have been issued at this time.
General Tsunami Information
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver