Magnitude 6.8 - RAT ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA
2005 June 14 17:10:16 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||51.7 km (32.1 miles)|
|Region||RAT ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA|
80 km (50 miles) S of Semisopochnoi Island, Alaska
100 km (60 miles) SE of Little Sitkin Island, Alaska
2175 km (1350 miles) WSW of Anchorage, Alaska
3015 km (1870 miles) W of JUNEAU, Alaska
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 4 km (2.5 miles); depth +/- 4.6 km (2.9 miles)|
|Parameters||NST=234, Nph=234, Dmin=250.2 km, Rmss=0.8 sec, Gp= 32°,|
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=Q
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in NOAA tsunami statements and bulletins are preliminary and are superseded by USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
NOAA Tsunami Bulletins for this Earthquake
- Tsunami Information
- West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning Center
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Recent Tsunamis
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in these bulletins are very preliminary, and may disagree with the more accurate USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
General Tsunami Information
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver