Magnitude 6.7 - SOUTHEAST OF THE LOYALTY ISLANDS
2005 April 11 17:08:53 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||68 km (42.3 miles) set by location program|
|Region||SOUTHEAST OF THE LOYALTY ISLANDS|
155 km (100 miles) WNW of Ile Hunter, Loyalty Isl., New Caledonia
285 km (175 miles) ESE of Tadine, Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia
425 km (265 miles) E of NOUMEA, New Caledonia
1695 km (1050 miles) NNW of Auckland, New Zealand
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 5.8 km (3.6 miles); depth fixed by location program|
|Parameters||NST=171, Nph=171, Dmin=>999 km, Rmss=0.89 sec, Gp= 22°,|
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=Q
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Felt on New Caledonia and the Loyalty Islands.
Scientific & Technical Information
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in NOAA tsunami statements and bulletins are preliminary and are superseded by USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
NOAA Tsunami Bulletins for this Earthquake
- Tsunami Information
- West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning Center
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Recent Tsunamis
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in these bulletins are very preliminary, and may disagree with the more accurate USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
General Tsunami Information
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver