Magnitude 7.1 - CELEBES SEA
2005 February 05 12:23:16 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||501.3 km (311.5 miles)|
210 km (130 miles) SE of Zamboanga, Mindanao, Philippines
235 km (145 miles) WSW of General Santos, Mindanao, Philippines
1050 km (650 miles) SSE of MANILA, Philippines
2220 km (1380 miles) NE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 8.2 km (5.1 miles); depth +/- 13 km (8.1 miles)|
|Parameters||NST=178, Nph=178, Dmin=>999 km, Rmss=1.14 sec, Gp= 36°,|
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=Q
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information
- News Release
- West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning Center
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Recent Tsunamis
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in these bulletins are very preliminary, and may disagree with the more accuate USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver